When you own a Rayglass boat, you become a part of the family. That comes with a number of awesome, free perks for the entire life of your boat and...
THE LOG BOOK - FEATURE ARTICLE
SIMRAD GUIDES: CREATING TRACKS ON YOUR SIMRAD MFD
Posted By Rayglass | April 10, 2020
When you’ve navigated safely through the rocks or found a favourite fishing spot, it’s often easiest to follow the same route when you come back. Once you know how to use it the tracks function on your multi-function-display makes doing this easy.
Check out our quick guide to make sure you can set tracks next time your out on the water.
CREATING NEW TRACKS
Tracks are a graphical representation of the path of your boat in your Simrad MFD’s history. They’re easy to use and can save you a lot of hassle.
- Creating a new track from Track page
You can start a new track from the tracks dialog, activated by using the waypoints tool on the home page. The system continues to record the tracks until the length reaches the maximum point, and then automatically begins overwriting the oldest points.
- Today’s activity track
The Today’s activity track records in the background by default and cannot be deleted. It resets every 24 hours at GMT while the unit is turned off. You can choose not to display it by un-checking the display box.
- Colour tracks based on data
A track can be coloured based on the source of data that created it and the high/low limits you set:
- Select the colour tracks menu option and then the source option to specify the source (data type) to be coloured. To turn off colouring, select source None.
2. Select the high and low options to set high and low values (after you specify the source).
- Finding an object on the chart panel at cursor
When you activate the cursor by tapping the touch screen directly on top of a chart item, basic information of each symbol is displayed.
- Finding an object on the chart panel by using find on the chart menu
With an appropriate cartography source, like a plug-in chart card, you can find chart objects by using the menu. Just press the menu key or tap on the menu icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Find your local tide and current from chart panel
Activate the cursor by tapping on the tide icon from the chart panel.
- Finding your local Tide and Current from Find on the Chat menu
- By using the Find option from the menu, you can also search all the available chart items including tide and current on the Find dialog box.
- Tap on Chart Items from the Find dialog box above you can see the Chart info page.
- Tap on Category to choose the information you are looking for.
MEET CHRIS LIU – SIMRAD MFD EXPERT
Chris Liu is the man behind the Rayglass/Simrad MFD guides. He started work at Navico/Simrad as a technical support engineer eight years ago and he still loves every day on the job. He helps Simrad users who ring or email through the support channels make the most of their devices while out on the water.
Chris is an NMEA certified technician and has completed networking and marine electronic installer and advanced marine electronic installer courses. This year he’s started helping train Kiwi Navico dealers and technicians and is hoping to start doing the same for dealers in Asia in 2020.
Latest from the LOGBOOK
We just completed a full boat restoration for our valued customer Glen. Check out the before and after photos to see how we brought his Rayglass Le...
The hull is the most important part of any boat. Its design determines a vessel’s ride quality, level of flotation, handling and more.
Stay in the Loop
There's always something new happening at Rayglass, so if you'd like to be first to know just sign up here. You'll be in the loop on latest news, reviews and upcoming events